Brake Bleeding problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Bleeding problems...

So, this weekend I lost a brake disk. And gained two others.

I put on the fork and brakes from a GS650G. I'm happy with the results... Even with my bleeding problems (wow that sounds like a comment that belongs in the off topic forum...) My braking power is improved.

Here's the deal. I used to be unable to pull my lever to the bar on my single brake setup. Now, I can pull the lever to the bar, and i hear a odd noise from the master cylinder. LIke I'm pushing bubbles through it.

I've been bleeding it... I think i've run a quart through my brake lines. And I can't get those bubbles out of my master cylinder.

How can I get them out? Should I tip the cylinder on end and let the bubbles leave that way?

or should I take it apart, and clean it, and then fill it from scratch?
    You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
    If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
    1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
    1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
    1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
    1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
    1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

I don't know if you've read this far, but thought I'd post in case you hadn't. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ic.php?t=35035

Brad tt

BTW how's the chain issue?

Comment

The brakes bleed just fine. Like I said i've pumped almost a quart of fluid through them. :-) It's just this one, or one set of bubbles in the master cylinder that I can't get out.

The chain issue? I have no idea how old the last chain was . The rear sprocket looks original, but is'nt that worn... Well either way I'm getting new sprockets and chain in the mail. :-) Scary bit... the chain I lost... Is four links shorter than it should be. It appears I had two links fail at the same time!

Comment

brake

Is the master cylinder the two brake one or youre standard one as they are different. As for bleedind the brakes bleed from the master cyl brake line bolt as the same as the nipples to rid air bubbles in there. At night put the bike on the side stand and lean the bars to the left and tie up the brake lever with string or rubber-bands so as the lever is pulled back and any air in the system will rise to the top overnight. Works most of the time

Comment

I'm ok with a master cylinder with a smaller piston. I like more powerfull brakes ;-) Though... thanks for that trick :-)

Comment

Working...
          X