What headers will fit this bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What headers will fit this bike?

Hi there again, sorry if this has been posted in the past but again i couild not find a solid answer,.

The bike is a 85 Gs700e and the stock teenie tiny exhuast has GOT to go!,

anyone know what exhausts might fit this bike?

gs1000'sBandits,GSX-R's, up to what years and models have the same motor arangement, will any of these headers fit my bike? How about a sidewinder? woudl this bike sit up high enough to get away with one on the street?

Thanks for your help!
    Jason

I wouldn't go with a Sidewinder. I run a Yosh Race Duplex that was made for a '92 GSXR. Fits fine. It's stainless with a carbon RS3 can. I can't say for certain if it would clear the stock pegs. I ditched mine long ago.

Comment

Billy, do you have any pics of your bike online? Id love to see a 700e done right! Early Gsx-r, headers are a thumbs up, Cool!

this opens up alot of possibilities!, the pipe can always be rebent or modded to make the fit around the stock pegs if need be.

Sidewinder on a thursday night drive in bike night with no baffle and a 2-step at the redlight would be really cool!, heh,

Comment

Headers for GS700

The following headers work on an 83 GS750ES and should work on your bike:
        1) Aircooled GSX-R750 Yoshimura 4-1
        2) GSX-750 D&D 4-2-1
        3) GSX-600 Yoshimura 4-2-1

In addition to a Basanni that was made for that specific model, I have had all three of the above headers on my bike at one time or another. Some go on with no problems whatsoever (items 2 & 3). For Item 1, I had to fab a bracket that picked up the header mount and connected to the right side drivers foot peg bolt.

In general, the headers off an aircooled engine should work, I have not tried bandit headers but I don't see why they should not work.

MP

Comment

Re: Headers for GS700

Originally posted by Mario Padilla
          The following headers work on an 83 GS750ES and should work on your bike:
          1) Aircooled GSX-R750 Yoshimura 4-1
          2) GSX-750 D&D 4-2-1
          3) GSX-600 Yoshimura 4-2-1

In addition to a Basanni that was made for that specific model, I have had all three of the above headers on my bike at one time or another. Some go on with no problems whatsoever (items 2 & 3). For Item 1, I had to fab a bracket that picked up the header mount and connected to the right side drivers foot peg bolt.

In general, the headers off an aircooled engine should work, I have not tried bandit headers but I don't see why they should not work.

MP
          that is good info that should be bookmark somewhere.

-ryan
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
          X