cheap tires !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap tires !!!

Is time to change my tires, so I need info on where to find el cheapo tires for my GS450, rim size 18".
    And by the way whats up with JT Motorsports?, I'm still waiting on my order 20 days latter.

Tiresunlimited.com i just got pirelli sport demons for $177.71 shipped for both.!

Comment

UnderDog, you and me both. Actually I ordered on the 1st of april so now I am looking at 33 days. Oh, and that's with calling them on the 20th and them telling me that they would send out what they had of my order the next day. Got some really uninterested and extremely unhelpful people on the phone every time I have called.

Comment

yikes man thats crazy!, i ordered my tires last friday morning and they came yesterday..

Comment

I ordered one from Ron Ayers on 15 April. They told me backorder until 30 April, then 5-7 days shipping. Called today, got told 30 May minimum, tehn 5-7 more days for shipping....Suzi has bald tire on back now.....This is really sucking...

Comment

The motorcycle tire is the crucial outer component of the motorcycle wheel, directly connected to the rim. It delivers essential traction, durability against wear, absorption of surface irregularities, and enables the motorcycle to turn through countersteering. The contact patches of the two tires s

Tire Express, two days.

Comment

another thing i can say is that Tiresunlimited where i got my tires has over 50,000 tires in stock, so just about everything they have THEY HAVE!, unlike 3 other places i called to order the pirelli Sport demons i wanted, everyone else had atleast a 2 week lead time before they shipped,.

Comment

I have a couple hundred miles on a new set of Dunlop D404's and have been happy with them so far. Considering that I got the pair from the local dealer for $100, they would be hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by typ0
                  I have a couple hundred miles on a new set of Dunlop D404's and have been happy with them so far. Considering that I got the pair from the local dealer for $100, they would be hard to beat.
                  Put a set on my 850 last year for about the same$$, think it was more like $110 for both. Couldn't believe the price and am very happy with them. Going to order a set for my 650 Kaw soon. I shop for price, then order from Dennis Kirk. They beat the price by a buck and I have 'em in 2 business days. I do think that Ayers has the best prices.
                  ED

Comment

How are ya'll selecting the width. The dimensions in my manual say 3.25H19-4PR for the front and 3.75H17-4PR for the rear. It's not listed like that on these sites. The diameter is the easy part but for those of us who have never had to buy tires before....

Comment

Easy enough. The size you want for a 550 is 100/90/19 H. You can use the higher V speed rating, But I doubt you will be able to sustain that kind of speed, so it isnt needed. For the rear, a 120/90/17 H rated or V.

Earl

Originally posted by alan
                      How are ya'll selecting the width. The dimensions in my manual say 3.25H19-4PR for the front and 3.75H17-4PR for the rear. It's not listed like that on these sites. The diameter is the easy part but for those of us who have never had to buy tires before....
                      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I like the look of the Dunlop's but don't see my rear tire listed. I don't think I need anything like the Speed Demons. You'right Earl, I don't think I need any sped rated tires. I'll probably go through a set learning to ride and I sure as hell won't be doing triple digits any time soon.

Comment

I think you can run up to about 120mph on the H rating. I dont think a 550 can exceed that speed. :-) Thats probably a higher speed than you want to be learning at anyhow. eh eh

Earl

I like the look of the Dunlop's but don't see my rear tire listed. I don't think I need anything like the Speed Demons. You'right Earl, I don't think I need any sped rated tires. I'll probably go through a set learning to ride and I sure as hell won't be doing triple digits any time soon.
                          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
                            I think you can run up to about 120mph on the H rating. I dont think a 550 can exceed that speed. :-) Thats probably a higher speed than you want to be learning at anyhow. eh eh

Earl

Nope, I don't want to be one of THOSE STORIES that gets circulated around places like this

Comment

I just bought a st of continental blitz's off of Ebay for $120 shipped. Ran 'em on the '82 GS650E and they were great.
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X