Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstalling Carbs

81 GS550L,

I have taken the Carbs on and off before but it seems it is more difficult to get them back on. I have moved back the air box to give me some room but wonder if anyone had some pointers that could help ease the pain.

One thing I tried was to place the carbs on to the engine first, then bring the air box forward but found that I pushed the box below the carbs and had to start all over.

Any pointers would be great!

Thanks
    Sean (from Chicago)

Just jiggle it around for about 3 hours and it will eventually go together. You can put a little smear of grease on the lip of the boots to ease things a bit. Don't know about the 550 but on the 'thou the boots are concentric and have to be rotated a bit to get the spacing right.

Comment

3 hours! wow. I didn't realize I was the only one that was slow (kidding)

Put some grease/vasoline on both end. wiggle it, it should slide on

Originally posted by Guy
      Just jiggle it around for about 3 hours and it will eventually go together. You can put a little smear of grease on the lip of the boots to ease things a bit. Don't know about the 550 but on the 'thou the boots are concentric and have to be rotated a bit to get the spacing right.

Comment

Don't forget the sounds of a trucker with tourettes....

Comment

In all seriousness....beer...lots of beer.....

Cuss like crazy and reef them in....they will go...

Engine first is right and make sure all clamps are loose to the point of falling off and that everything is warm.

Scud

Comment

Well, my garage fridge is stocked with beer and I laughed on the trucker with tourettes. I guess I will give it another college try. Wait. I did not finish college. Doh!

Comment

Working...
            X