No announcement yet.

Crankcase vent- stinks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had mine exactly like that, but then I installed a storage box over the battery. It's now routed right above the rear master cyl, just so that you can see it a little below the frame cover.

remember the more loose your engine is the more blowby thats going out the vent
    Mmm, I didn't want to think of that! But I'm not worried. First, I'm extremely anal about the bike, and I'll bet most people wouldn't even say they smell it too much. Second, I had just completed a valve clearance, and a compression test. All cyls are 175-185. I don't burn any oil between oil changes. I don't think it's too loose, but I guess only time will tell.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I was wondering does anybody have a idea to reroute it back to the engine so it wuld no longer be an issue for so many of us ??

Comment

Its a vent, so you cannot route it back into the crankcase. You could install a pvc hose barb into the side of a couple of your pods and with a Y, feed the fumes into a pair of carbs.

Earl

Originally posted by graham harron
        I was wondering does anybody have a idea to reroute it back to the engine so it wuld no longer be an issue for so many of us ??
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Earl, that's a genius idea. Question is, feed to the outside or inside carbs? Don't wanna cause detonation in the innner cylinders.
          You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
          If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
          1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
          1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
          1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
          1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
          1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

Working...
          X