No announcement yet.

This sucks!! Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fixed one of them as a test subject. I cut the post off of a spare junk carb. Cut the broken piece off the carb, drilled & tapped the base inserted small stud, drilled & threaded the replacement post- screwed it all together. It works ?? I need to think about a way to make the alignment for the float pin better

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      I fixed one of them as a test subject. I cut the post off of a spare junk carb. Cut the broken piece off the carb, drilled & tapped the base inserted small stud, drilled & threaded the replacement post- screwed it all together. It works ?? I need to think about a way to make the alignment for the float pin better
      That's fantastic. I'm thinking of drilling out the base and the post and inserting a metal dowel rod and then using a ceramic epoxy like Duaneage had used. If I do it that way I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Comment

Cracker, I'm pretty sure I've got a #1 body you can have. I'll check when I get home from work tomorrow, but I'm almost positive the one I've got sitting on my work bench is for #1. Just pm me and let me know where to send it.

Comment

I sent you one.

Comment

Working...
          X