bog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bog?

I just rebuilt/re jetted my carbs,replaced my intake boots and o-rings(installed emgo pods) got them on the bike and the bike ran pretty decent, but once it was fully warm the idle would move around just a bit (100-300rpms) and it didint like it below 1200-1300rpms. So I figured I would synch the carbs, did it last night and got them with in 1/4" or closer to each other on my motionpro tool. she seemed real smooth now at idle, the tach needle never wandered a bit. But now she has a bog off idle, which I never had befored I synched them. If i go back in and re-adjust the carbs a tad richer on the low end thru the pilot fuel screws or side mixture screws, do i have do the whole synch over again? I hope not, hehehehe...

TIA, Vinny

Yo Vinny,

Lots of us put our bike year and model in our signature line. That said, the GS line uses tons of different types and sizes of carbs. What 'chu got?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

sorry bout that, its a 78 gs550 with vm22s carbs. 95 main jets, 1.5 turns out on side mix screws, 2 turns out on fuel screws

Comment

well someone can come to nc and slap me upside my head, when i put the tank back on, i disconnected one of the coil wires by accident, and it was only running on 2cyls. that took care of the major bog/bad running issue. it idles awseome again now and runs decent, it still has a very slight bog on extremely hard accel of idle (like slamming twist grip wide open) . Is that kinda normal for these engines, or should i still try and richen it a tad more. My plugs already look kinda rich though (sooty/black) or might i be to rich already?

Comment

My plugs already look kinda rich though (sooty/black) or might i be to rich already?
          It is possible you are too rich. If it bogs and then pulls through it (kind of "clears it's throat"), you are probably rich. Your plugs definitely sound rich. Lean gives you very sharp throttle response at low throttle openings, but if you are lean at full throttle the bike will not pull hard no matter what you do.

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X