fork parts, nessecary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fork parts, nessecary?

so I'm rebuilding my forks, new seals (oil and dust), new circlips, and new oil. I also ordered the small shim looking washers, that suzuki calls the valve and valve spring. I ordered these parts from Ron Ayers, and never recieved them, they were crossed out on my order sheet, but I was still charged for them, anyone know what's going on with that?

Anyways, I've got enough parts for one fork, however for the other one, I don't have the flat valve shim, and I am wondering if I really need it, it seems like the fork would operate with out it.

Are these shims used for the normal up down operation of the fork, or are they parts of the anti dive units perhaps? which I've disabled with fabbed up plates.

I'm talking about parts 21 and 22.

I personally wouldn't leave out any parts. Is it possible to reuse the old ones or get a match locally somewhere?

Comment

the problem was I was tapping the fork tube on the ground (protected with a cloth, don't worry) and the shim fell out and got crushed, so I can't reuse that one. I was just wondering if it's nessecary without the antidive device

Comment

Shims

The flat shims sits under the damper rod between the outer and inner fork tubes and support the small alloy "cup" that slides in there. one wave then flat then wave shims. Not rteally sure what they do but if its factory have it there

Comment

Working...
        X