1981 Suzuki GS750L New Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 Suzuki GS750L New Bike

Hope the title was catchy enough Just got done (almost quite literaly mind u, it is 2:06 AM here) installing new front progresive fork springs, new seals, washed out the forks with brake cleaner and inspected everything, all look good, (the fluid that came out of the left side was the worst but both were horible) put it all together and even though it's been raining here all night I had to go test it. I tell you it's like riding a BRAND NEW motorcycle (just installed new rear shocks a week or 2 ago), I had been dealing with uneven wear on the front tire (old tire, I just got a new one last fall) and the bike has always had some handling gremlins so I had replaced the rear swing arm bearings and had cleaned and inspected and reassembled head bearings all to no avail. Doing maintanance on the front forks has at least as of my first ride, fixed it all in my opinion. Will update more if I find that it hasn't but as the title says, It feels like a new bike and I am stoked :twisted:

What kind of rear shocks did you get? I've been looking for something a little cheaper than Progressives at $130/pair without springs...

Comment

Actually were a set I won off of fleabay. I paid like $70 US dollars, here is the link, you could try getting ahold of them and seeing if they have anymore like them, may even be selling more on e-bay. Anyway here is the link ----> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Also I was able to go out and put on about ten miles today and can say thet the bike is handling excellent, much much more stable and fun to ride.

Comment

krabysniper,
        Are you still happy with those rear shocks?

My rear shocks/spring are ready for replacement.

The guy has some posted for bid or "buy now" again.

Regards,
        John

Comment

For what little I have been able to ride (the weather here has turned rainy and cold ever since I did everything I did to my bike, figures) yes, I do like them very much, so far. They are nice looking shocks too. I have a picture of my bike with them on here somewhere so I will try to repost it here for ya.
          ok, found it, now if this will just work again.

Comment

updated

Comment

Working...
            X