i already tried prayer and it didn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i already tried prayer and it didn't work

alright. i'm still here with the same problem, but i think i've narrowed it down. last month, i hopped on the bike, hit the starter, and it cranked. usually it takes a couple tries when it's colder out. the third time, it just cut out. just a loud click coming from the solenoid. thought it may have been a bad solenoid, but it wasn't. tried pop-starting it today. i know it's a four cylinder, but damn! the thing wouldn't go. skidded all the way down the hill by my house. had it choked. the fuel valve was on. primed the cylinders. nothing. nearly developed a hernia pushing the thing back up. so i tried hitting the starter button. just for the hell of it. got a click, but then the a barely audible whimpering sound, like a dying guinea pig coming from the starter motor.

hmmm.

Sounds like you were trying to pop-start it in first gear. Try 2nd or 3rd.

Comment

Re: i already tried prayer and it didn't work

Originally posted by vacancy
      .....but then the a barely audible whimpering sound, like a dying guinea pig coming from the starter motor.

hmmm.
      You have hit the nail on the head: the OE guinea pig has died at last and you need to get a replacement. If you want something more robust, try a Siberian Hampster!

More seriously, have you checked the state of charge of your battery, or tried charging it up before your next attempt to start the bike. If the battery checks out OK, I would recommend the tests outlined in "The Stator Papers" on this website.

Good luck.

BB

Comment

Mmmmm.. a toughy... Have you tried holy water?

Comment

DOn't feel bad man. I'm a christian too and I don't think God likes motorcycles. You know..."have no other God before me" and stuff.
          I think God is real sensitive when it comes to these things.

I'm going through hell with my brakes right now and prayer doesn't seem to be helping at all.

Dm of mD

Comment

On the flip side of things, I try to keep my problems as a positive.

Each time I have something keeping me off my motorcycles, I think :
            Obviously he's keeping me alive today, maybe keeping me from being taken out by a cage.

Thank you!
            I have had 2 of the bikes down, for various problems, 1 for mods, and 1 being reworked completely.

Wife's bike has had a gas tank leak since the central texas ride, got a new tank off ebay finally..
            Reworked the carbs, and rode to work last wk.

Within 5 mins of leaving the house, a Woman in a Beemer, tried to crush me into a curb..
            She saw me fine, she was behind me at the light, then came around me and tried to force me into the curb..
            Lights RED car in front of me, wtf is she thinking?
            I pulled around her and parked my bike cross ways and let traffic go around.. man she's having a *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$y fit.. oh well..

5 mins later I am passing Jupiter, another woman is entering the freeway, I am stuck behind a big truck a Deisel is on my bohinker, and he aint yeilding I can't move..
            She tries to force her car through me... Why? becuz people have no care for motocylists, They are the only one's that matter?

Who knows? but the point being..

There could be a positive reason your having problems.. Like being kept alive today..

just my .02 cents nothing more.

========================

Check you batteries state, could have a shorted plate, could just need a charge.

Good Luck,
            Ron

Comment

Think my starter puked this AM. I didn't cry, or throw anything, NOR [-X did I threaten to stuff a rag in the gas tank, etc. SEE 8O ? I'm getting better. I've prayed for it too but I think its going to require "the laying on of hands". This time next year I'll have a brand new bike . . . . . . . on a 24 year old frame .

Comment

Working...
              X