Final drive ratios for GS650 to 1100 shafties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final drive ratios for GS650 to 1100 shafties

I know I should buy a manual but.. does anyone know if the final drive ratios are different for the various sized shaft drive Gs bikes? And, if they are are they interchangeable? I have an '83 GS1100G with a sidecar and converted the rear wheel to a 15". With a 195x50/15 tyre it accellerates really well but revs too high (imo) at legal speed limits I can live with it but on a previous outfit (BMW) the final drive assemblies had different ratios and were interchangeable. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

SUZUKI GS 650 G: Reduction ratio 0,941 : 1 and 3,090 : 1
    SUZUKI GS 1000 G: Reduction ratio 1,062: 1 and 3,090 : 1

Comment

Re: Final drive ratios for GS650 to 1100 shafties

Originally posted by hrd1100g
      I know I should buy a manual but.. does anyone know if the final drive ratios are different for the various sized shaft drive Gs bikes? And, if they are are they interchangeable? I have an '83 GS1100G with a sidecar and converted the rear wheel to a 15". With a 195x50/15 tyre it accellerates really well but revs too high (imo) at legal speed limits I can live with it but on a previous outfit (BMW) the final drive assemblies had different ratios and were interchangeable. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.
      see more details in http://ezwebz.com/gs-classic/. Unfortunately in german (sprechen sie deutsch???) but lots of technical data about different gs's.

Comment

Re: Final drive ratios for GS650 to 1100 shafties

Originally posted by gs650gt
        see more details in http://ezwebz.com/gs-classic/. Unfortunately in german (sprechen sie deutsch???) but lots of technical data about different gs's.
        Se my post in the schematics/diagrams how you can translate the site on line to English.

Comment

Working...
        X