Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OIL LEAK FROM NEAR CLUTCH PUSH ROD??? ANY IDEAS????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OIL LEAK FROM NEAR CLUTCH PUSH ROD??? ANY IDEAS????

HI THERE ...FIRSTLY ID LIKE TO SAY IVE BEEN CHECKING YOUR SITE OUT FOR A WHILE NOW..AND ITS BEEN GREAT IN HELPING ME WITH MY 77 GS 750...ITS THE BEST SITE AROUND IN MY VIEW... NOW HERES MY QUESTION....WHILE ZIPPING AROUND ON MY BIKE I HAD A AHIRY MOMENT WOTH SOME OIL..WHITCH I THOUGH WAS ON THE ROAD..WHEN I GET BACK HOME THE ENGINE IS DRIPPING OIL ALL OVER MY DRIVE.. IVE TRACED THE LEAK... IL EXPLAINE... I TOOK THE CLUTCH COVER OFF AND AS YOU LOOK AT THE FRONT (SMALL) SPROCKET WHITCH IS DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF YOU ..IF U LOOK LEFT PAST THE CLUTCH ROD U SEE THE ENGINE CASING THE OIL IS COMMING FROM A LARGE ROUND HOLE UNDER THERE!!!!! WHAT SHOULD BE THERE IE A BUNG OF SOME SORT??? AND Y IS OIL COMMING OUT IS THERE A REASON? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ..ANTON

you don't have to yell, we can turn up the contrast on our screens if we're old...

is it threaded? it sounds like you've lost your second oil drain plug? my bike is a different model, but I believe there will be two oil drains, one completely under the engine, the other is behind the clutch cover, on the underside of the engine there? in front of the shifter lever?

Comment

ahhhh sorry about that people....was multitasking...ie eating dinner on pc and burning my haynes manual!!!! thanks snowbeard u may have cracked it!! no its not threadded... it looks kinda bungyish ... ok another q ..is it just a rubber bung .. i mean y would oil pressure not shoot it out?

cheers anton

Comment

hmm. could be that it's stripped? check the haynes for the oil changing procedure, see what all plugs they say to remove.

if it's shown there and not threaded, you may have a problem... but I have heard that there are rubber stoppers you can use, they fit in and screw to expand, plumber's style...

good luck!!

Comment

If you look at the clutch mech, their is a push rod that goes thru the engine, it rides thru a seal. MOST likley the seal is leaking

Comment

HI SDL1 im sure its not the clutch push rod as that is bone dry..and it is definately comimg from the hole to the left of this under the engine i think it might be a plug missing.... thanks anton

Comment

Working...
            X