list of carbs that will work? '83 GS1100G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

list of carbs that will work? '83 GS1100G

I'm looking for a replacement carburetor for my '83 GS1100G. What are my options as I search ebay. What year range/engine displacement range can I use to replace my broken carb without doing any modifications?

Thank you in advance.

I think you can use any 750, 850, 1000, 1100 and 1150 carbs from 1980-1985. Beyond and outside of that I'm not sure, but almost positive those all will work.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

These sizes were posted about 2 years ago, I'm not sure they are correct, but I think they are. If I remember correctly it was sqdancerlynn1 that posted them as a question.
      Doesn't the GS1100 use 36mm carbs, 750?/850 use 32mm
      GS 1000 use 34mm

Comment

All of the GS1100G models use 34mm carbs

Comment

Try contacting ebay seller wiredgeorge who sells re-conditioned/rebuilt carbs, primarily for the old Kaws. He's usually very forthcoming with info. He might be of help - maybe not. Just shoot him a question or two - couldn't hurt.

Bustedfeet.

Comment

Working...
          X