Loads of problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loads of problems

Hmm, where to start? Just recently I replaced the oil seal at the clutch pushrod, I had an incident with the chain. After which I noticed the pushrod was bent. I have straightened it to the best I can, would this cause the clutch to slip or is it time for a rebuild?

I've got a buzzing or hum, usually around 6k on the tach. Kinda sounds like a bug zapper, elictrical kind of sound. Are my electrics going bad? how do I remedy this?

I used to have a miss, I think this was fixed when I replaced plugs. I only have a few thousand miles on them, about a year. I do my own work and repairs often takes longer than they should. Recently the miss has returned, also it sounds like there is a leak in my exhaust could this be part of the problem and solution?

Dies when warm. After the bike does the initial warm up it idles pretty good. When I go for a long ride, or onto the freeway it really is hot. After this condition it will slowly idle down and die if I don't blip the throttle. Is this a lean condition as the engine heats up?

Thanks for any suggestions
    Ports

What bike model and year do you have? :?

Comment

Re: Loads of problems

Originally posted by Ports
      Dies when warm. After the bike does the initial warm up it idles pretty good. When I go for a long ride, or onto the freeway it really is hot. After this condition it will slowly idle down and die if I don't blip the throttle. Is this a lean condition as the engine heats up?

Thanks for any suggestions
      Ports
      How does the sparks look, according to color?

Comment

Opps, its an 82 550L. Haven't pulled the plugs cause I don't know the proper way to read them. Usually kinda brown if I remember right.

Ports

Comment

Hi ya ports,
          The pushrod should be ok, any play can be adjusted out at the cable.

6k sonds like my 3k, got a vibration at 3 to 3.2k sounds like a bug zapper too, hav'nt figured it out yet.

The miss could be a loose wire connection, bad wire arcin to the engine or frame, especially if it went away when you first moved/played with while changing plugs.

My GS650GD idles lower too when hot, I assume its fairly common GS thing. I adjusted my idle when hot.

Hope that helps
          Stimpy

Comment

Working...
          X