Front Brake Master Interchangeability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Brake Master Interchangeability?

My front master cyl is losing fluid. The plastic reservoir is almost buggered too. It's time for a replacement!

I've searched and read a few threads on the subject. What I have so far is that any suzuki twin disk master from the same era will be OK as long as it has the mirror mount. Does that sound right? Mines a 1980 GSX1100E.

Oh, and my tank paint has copped a bit of fluid too. The paint is new two-pack polyurethane. It seems to have held up pretty well apart from a bit of 'swelling'. The paint seems to have gotten slightly thicker where the brake fluid was sitting. Ive cleaned it up with paint prep solvent. Is there anything else I should do?

Cheers

Ben

Anything with the exception of an "L" model the angle of the resivor may be incorrect

Comment

About the mirror mount, you can buy an aftermarket handleber clamp to suit Suzuki M/C's with a mirror mount built into it. I used one of these when I took the fairing off my GS1150 (the M/C had no mirror thread). I think it cost me about $AUD15 and then you can use any Suzuki M/C. Nice....

Comment

I too am interested in knowing this because I like the remote MC style of the modern sportbikes.

I'd love to put more modern brakes on my 81 GS750L.

Comment

Working...
        X