New to Suzuki - Fuel hookup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Suzuki - Fuel hookup question

Hi. I just picked up a pair of GS850s - an L model parts bike and a G model.
    I have a problem with hooking up the fuel system and the Clymers sucks.

There is what looks to be both a fuel feed and vacuum hose coming off the petcock. It appears the vacuum line coming off the left side of the carb rack is supposed to connect to the petcock. But, I also see what looks like another vacuum line hookup coming off the unit for the fuel gauge up on the underside of the tank and can find no lines that appear to connect to it. Any help here appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The nipple on the fuel gauge unit is only a drain for if the gasket around the sending unit fails. It should be routed to the ground. You have the petcock lines right.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

fuel hook up

you have two lines on your petcock one is your fuel line and the other is the vacum line that goes to #2 carb and the 3rd line that is off your sender is a vent that should go to your air box

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
        The nipple on the fuel gauge unit is only a drain for if the gasket around the sending unit fails. It should be routed to the ground. You have the petcock lines right.
        Yep. I have the petcock lines. I just went to fill the tank to start the bike for the first time and got a river running through my airbox.. When I disconnected the lines, there was nothing connected to that point. Thanks for the info. Now I just have to track down a CDI unit and start tearing down my L model..

Comment

Working...
        X