Coil question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coil question

I've got an 82 GS300L, think I may have a bad coil. My question is can I use coils from another size or even make bike or do I need to use ones from a 300?

Re: Coil question

An 82 model GS will have an electronic ignition which requires 3 ohm coils. You can use coils from any bike as long as they are 3 ohm. You must have two separate coils. You cannot use one coil with two plug wires:-)
    But you can use a pair of dual wire coils such as is used on a 4 cylinder engine and only use one plug wire on each coil. Just cap the extra off.

Earl

Originally posted by ZombieJim
    I've got an 82 GS300L, think I may have a bad coil. My question is can I use coils from another size or even make bike or do I need to use ones from a 300?
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

thanks earl. just what I needed to hear.

Comment

You can get the coils from www.JCWMotorcycle.com for reasonable look for pn ag5024256b $18.99
        If you want to try ebay look up Triumph / Norton coils you may have better luck

Comment

Thanks, for the links, my dad actually has several sets at his place that will work.

Comment

Working...
          X