Shaft Drive Katanas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaft Drive Katanas

Whats the difference between a Kat and a normal GS. Is it only the fairing, or are the motors different? Better barakes? Do the engines and frames carry a special code? Did Suzi make a shaft drive eleven Kat? :?

Cheers, Darren.

A SHAFT DRIVE KAT???????
    OOOOO you are going to get the KAT fanatics all twisted up insane!!!
    and most of them live in Australia!!! your life may be in danger!!

the 650 katana is shaft drive, but the hard core Katana fans don't claim it.

the 3/4 and full size Katana is chain drive only and with the exception of the rare 1000 katana they used the same engine as regular 750 and 1100's

the katana was the only bike to get the 1000cc 16 valve engine and it was only for one year.
    they used the same brakes as far as I know but due to them having differant frames and body work there are lighter and stop better.

Comment

Aah, I see. I have seen a couple of 650G's but not the bigger ones. They look pretty cool 8) Bit small for me, but nice bikes. So all the rest of the GS series got 8-valve heads? But all are twin OHC?

Comment

up till 1979 all GS were two valves per cylinder.
        for 1980 Suzuki introduced the 4 valve 750 and 1100 TSCC engines
        in 83 the all new 550 four valve and third generation750 came out.

the 400 two valve grew into the 425 two valve engine for 79, then for 1980 suzuki took it out to 450cc and also introduced a 400cc four valve engine. we in america got the 450 two valve and pretty much every one else got the four valve 400 (almost the same power)
        the shaft drive bikes are all two valve engines.
        the GSX1100G of 1992 and up is a shaft drive version of the GSXR engine and was s the stepping stone between the GS and the current GSF bandit

Comment

Originally posted by Honda Rider
          Aah, I see. I have seen a couple of 650G's but not the bigger ones. They look pretty cool 8) Bit small for me, but nice bikes. So all the rest of the GS series got 8-valve heads? But all are twin OHC?
          A full-size Kat small? Next thing you tell me that they are light.
          What are you comparing them against Honda rider?

Focus Frenzy you forgot the pop-up Katana. :mrgreen:

Comment

Robinjo I was comparing them to something with a similar sized motor. My Mums cake mixer for instance 8O 650cc would just about drive that

Oh c'mon guys, I was just kidding ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Honda Rider
              Robinjo I was comparing them to something with a similar sized motor. My Mums cake mixer for instance 8O 650cc would just about drive that

Oh c'mon guys, I was just kidding ;-)
              Ah I see, I big-bored my mums cake mixer to 750 cc's.

Comment

Working...
              X