Stator problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator problems

Looking for some advice. I recently bought a 81 GS750E and realize after reading about all the charging issues that the connectors coming from the Stator to the RR are melted. Does the cooked connectors definitely mean the stator is no good. Thanks

Re: Stator problems

Originally posted by Sirus
    Looking for some advice. I recently bought a 81 GS750E and realize after reading about all the charging issues that the connectors coming from the Stator to the RR are melted. Does the cooked connectors definitely mean the stator is no good. Thanks
    No. But, it does warrant further investigation. Could just be loose, corroded or bad connectors. Go through the stator papers to determine the stator condition. Good luck.

Comment

Re: Stator problems

NO, but it does mean the connectors should be replaced and the charging system checked.

Earl

Originally posted by Sirus
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm on it. Chris

Comment

Now if ya wanna see a FRIED stator check this thread!

Comment

Working...
          X