33 mm mikuni's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

33 mm mikuni's

I have a " slightly" modified gs 1000. My friend has a mint set of 33 mm mikuni's that I can have CHEAP. He went to Lectrons. My question is, does mikuni have the proper manifolds to replace my stock 26 mm with the 33 mm on my gs1000??

Re: 33 mm mikuni's

Originally posted by michael kenney
    I have a " slightly" modified gs 1000. My friend has a mint set of 33 mm mikuni's that I can have CHEAP. He went to Lectrons. My question is, does mikuni have the proper manifolds to replace my stock 26 mm with the 33 mm on my gs1000??
    Michael, you should be able to use the stock manifolds if they have not hardened up too bad. You have to really push hard to get them on but that is the way it is suppose to be. The 33mm and the 26mm refer to the interior bore of the carbs. You will need to get a push-pull throttle setup with two throttle cables-if you don't get a push-pull you will not be able to insure that the throttle will close when you let off the gas. You can get them from any motorcycle performance dealer.

Hap

Comment

I haven't tried that myself, but I am interested that they will fit. I have some 28mm Kawasaki carbs on my warmed up GS1000, so am interested to see if they fit. My head was ported for 29mm smoothbores, but that was probably all there was at the time. The last GS1000s had 33mm slides I remember, so they muct work ok on a basically standard motor.

Comment

Saaz, which GS1000 had 33mm slides? Do you mean the GS(X)1000 Kat? I don't think any of the 8 valvers had bigger than 28mm slide carbs, and the last ones had 34mm CV carbs, (the ET, GT and ST.)
        The head on the later GS1000 has much bigger inlet ports and rubbers to suit CV carbs and will fit most big carbs such as early GSXR flatslides and Mikuni RFS's.
        The early GS1000(slide carb) has fairly small ports, and you won't get 33mm carbs on these without some modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X