VMS29 SMOOTHBORES JET BLOCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VMS29 SMOOTHBORES JET BLOCKS

I have stripped the threads in one of my jet blocks in my smooth bores. This part is no longer available from mikuni. Heli coil doesn't make this size of thread repair kit. Machine shops laugh at such a small repair job, but I may have no choice. Any help?

Can you supply a pic for us? That might produce more ideas.
    Without seeing which jet you're talkng about, I'm assuming just the threads in the carb body are stripped? Can you apply some gas proof sealant to the threads of the jet to fill any gap and re-install? JB weld may work, but the jet will be "permanently" installed.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

The mikuni web site shows this to be part number 82, I believe. The jet block is what the needle jet screws into. It sets inside the carb throat and this is what smoothes out the inside bore, thus smoothbore.The main jet screws into the needle jet and the needle jet screws into the jet block. It is a .750 thread.

Comment

Can't think of anything that I didn't already mention, except I know there's a carb repair website that's been mentioned at this site. I can't remember their name. They claim they can fix broken float pin towers, etc. Might be worth a try.
        If you make a new topic asking about the carb repair site, I'm sure someone will remember the site and help you.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

No need to start another thread, I think this is the site Keith is talking about. http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dgeorge
            No need to start another thread, I think this is the site Keith is talking about. http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/
            Yeah, that's the one someone posted in the past. Thanks.

Comment

I have already hashed this one out with motorcyclecarbs.com and he couldn't help me, either. In fact, if I can get one fixed he wants to know about it, also. Guess I just need to find a small machine shop that can do the welding, drilling, and tapping or find a damaged set of carbs and rob the parts. Many thanks to those who responded.

Comment

you can try giving these guys a call http://www.sudco.com/ they still have the 29's listed but the link to the diagram is bad so i will post you a copy from their site, they may have some parts still floating around.

i belive the part in question is number 87, it shouldn't be to hard to just take the block to a shop and have them retap it, sure beats them trying to deal with whole carb. If you need a scaled drawing of the gasket that goes under the block i can post that to. they don't make em any longer so i draw one up then printed it on lined notebook paper (closest thikness match) or maybe it was newspaper i can't rember and cut them out w/ a xacto blade.

-ryan
                78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                82 Kat 1000 Project
                05 CRF450x
                10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
                X