Good source for battery w/ sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good source for battery w/ sensor

I can find a bike battery without a sensor anywhere, Wal-mart, Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts. Nobody seems to have a battery with a sensor, except a Dealer, for $100, or at Interstate Battery Co. for $80. Is there a good source for a less pricy SYB14L-A2. Also, are all SYB14L-A2 batteries the same cranking amps? Will a higher amp battery with the same deminsions have a different # ?

I would disconnect the sensor light & put in a reg battery

Comment

Do a search in the YUASA BATTERIES, you will find interesting info about batteries dimensions, dealers, etc.

Hope this helps.

ELiseo.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliseo Monteverde
        Do a search in the YUASA BATTERIES, you will find interesting info about batteries dimensions, dealers, etc.

Hope this helps.

ELiseo.
        It does not say on the web site does the Yusa Micron Battery have the sensor for the GS850G in it??

Comment

Originally posted by shortlid
          Originally posted by Eliseo Monteverde

Hope this helps.

ELiseo.
          It does not say on the web site does the Yusa Micron Battery have the sensor for the GS850G in it??
          This is what you are looking for?

Comment

If the # has an "S" in front of it, it should have the sensor. The YB14L-A2 has no sensor. the SYB14L-A2 is the same battery. but has a sensor.

Comment

Battery with sensor.

Why is the battery with the sensor listed for the GS1100 but not for my '80 GS850G?? :?

Comment

Nobody seems to have a battery with a sensor, except a Dealer, for $100, or at Interstate Battery Co. for $80.
                Dude, if you want the sensor, those prices are fantastic. I've never seen a sensor battery for less than $130. I have pulled the bulb for the sensor on both my bikes and just buy the cheapie batterys.
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Re: Battery with sensor.

Originally posted by shortlid
                  Why is the battery with the sensor listed for the GS1100 but not for my '80 GS850G?? :?
                  YB14 LA2 is not only for the 850, also is for the 1100, and for my 650 too

Comment

I've decided to try J.C. Whitney, Couldn't find one on their web site, but it was listed in their catalog. They have a SYB14L-A2 for $40.95 + apprx. $8.00 s/h. It has 190 cranking amps, same as most others. It does not come with acid, but the acid is available from Auto Zone for apprx. $4.00.

Comment

Working...
                    X