Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 GS550E ignition problems

Bike is sold thank you anyway.

What makes them say they are going bad? ask them why!

Have you been there before or do you know anyobne who has used them in the past because it sounds like they may want to make some cash out of you!

Comment

Ya I know the mechanic there. Also I belive him cause my bike does have a bad miss.

Comment

First of all get yourself the use of a decent multimeter and do some checking yourself, this guy might well be genuine but it doesn't mean he's right. If you get a hold of a Haynes manual it'll tell you how to check your coils for resistance.

Can you describe the symptoms of your misfire, ie is it there premanently, does it happen only when the bikes hot etc.

It could be a dodgy connection and not your coils!

Secondly with the multimeter you can check what voltage the electrical system is generating and that'll give you some idea of the state of your reg/rec etc. Look in the stator papers in the workshop section on here, you'll save yourself lots of dollars in the long run.

If you give your location it may be that there's someone local on here who'll give you a second eye!

Comment

Working...
        X