Sissy Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sissy Bar

I'm looking for a Sissy Bar back rest to get my wife to ride along. She will not ride until I get one. Does anyone have an idea where I could get this for a GS1100GLZ 1982 ? Thank you !

Ebay.

Comment

Start looking now, mine took me over two years of bidding to get. Bid high as well if you find one that you like. If I was looking for another one, I'd probably just have a metal shop fab one from drawings I would do myself. My used homemade rack and sissy bar (which is pretty awesome) cost me about $90 from an e-bay seller.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

K-G was a common builder of sissy bars and racks for Japanese bikes. They made a number of styles with pieces that bolt together, and various fittings to make their gear as universal as possible.

If you have a good bike salvage yard nearby, you can assemble the parts that will fit your bike. For example, for my GS1100GLD, I have a bent-tubing sissy bar with a backrest cushion, attached with sliding adapters that bolt onto the top of my rear shocks and long bolts with spacers at the back of the rack to clear the seat. I picked it up at a salvage yard by holding parts up to my bike until they lined up right. I also have a spare rack, no sissy bar, with an old K-G top box bolted onto it.

The salvage yard stuff was pretty cheap, I think the sissy bar, cushion, and various bits and parts set me back about $30, though this was four years ago.

Comment

Working...
        X