No running lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No running lights

My running lights wont work on my 83 GS750ES. The blinkers work fine but no running lights. Where is a good place to start. The bulbs are good the wires are all connected. Can some one give me a good place to start so maybe they will work. Thanks

Are you sure that the bike has running lights? The reason I ask is that on my 1978 GS550, the headlight doesn't even come on unless I use the headlight switch and then it is only the headlight and taillight...no running lights (turn signals).

Comment

If I am not mistaken, an 83 would have running lights in the rear.

Comment

The 83 1100ED anyway, has running lamps in the front and not the rear.

Read this thread of mine that goes into detail about the turn signals and running lamps: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...=dual+filament
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

my 83 850 has running lights as well. I am positive that the bike should have lights

Comment

Most "E" model GS's came stock with dual filament indicators for running lamps in the front only. The rears were single filament turn signals only. At least that is what the general concensous is.

However, most GS's have been dropped or down at least once, and have had the indicators replaced- commonly with the standard K&L aftermarket signal stalks. They have dual filament bulbs in them, and most people get all confused about how to hook them up.

my 83 850 has running lights as well. I am positive that the bike should have lights
            Shadow, if you look at the parts schematic for the 83 750, there is a different part number listed for front and rear bulbs. I believe that the fronts are dual filament and the rears are singles. The schematic for your "G" model also shows different part numbers for the bulbs.

I'm not the original owner of either of my bikes, so I can only trust what people tell me, but many have said no running lights in the rear, running lights are up front. Any feedback from original owners on this issue would be appreciated.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I have an 86 GS750ES, both front and rear lights act as running lights.

Headlight 12V 60/55W
              Tail/Brake Light 12V 8/23W (12V 5/21W For england)

Check the fuses. "The fuse box/output terminal is located inside the left hand frame cover. If the engine suddenly stops while running or any electrical system fails to operate then the fuses must be checked. In case one or more of the fuses blow there are two spare fuses, a 15A and a 10A fuse, Located in the fuse box cover" However... you said the lights work, they just don't act as running lights. So.. that might not help you.

I've gotta take my fairing off within the next few days or weeks. So.. if your still having problems then I'll take a look for you. I'd say retrace the wires though.

Comment

My front bulbs are single filament and the houseings are for single filament bulbs. Maybe they have been changed from the stock ones. I gonna do some looking into them on Wednesday. And i will get back to you guys and we will see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                X