It's a shame to waste a good seat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a shame to waste a good seat...

I've got a small problem... actually it's about 1cm long and runs along one of the pattern marks in my seat. I've noticed that my seat now has a small tear in the seat and I was wondering if there is an easy way to repair this...

The bike is garaged and I'm not comfortable riding in the rain. I'd hate to think I can't stop this and protect the foam underneath from any water it may encounter though.

Has anybody got a good, permanent fix for a small tear? I'm not so much worried about cosmetics here.

I used black sylicone on one, it was still holding 2 years later when I sold the bike

Comment

Almost any auto parts store carries vinyl repair kits for just this problem. They consist of a small tube of liquid vinyl, a backing mesh, color tints and a couple of different swatches for imprinting different grains into the repair. The only tool you will need will be an iron or a heat gun. (they come with instructions too) :-) Its pretty easy to do. Cost is usually between $5 and $10.

Earl
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

You know that a new seat cover is only about 40 bucks, just take the old seat cover off put the new one on and off you go.

Comment

Working...
        X