She doesn't like to get wet..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She doesn't like to get wet..........

Rode home from work tonight in the mother of all thunderstorms, and she ran like crap for most of the way, would die at a light if I didn't keep the revs up.
    I know the coils and leads hate getting wet, but is there any cure besides new coils ? WD 40 helps, but it's only a temporary fix. Anyone else have this problem ?
    1980 GS 850 GL Thanks, guys.

Getting Wet!

Might try silicone dielectric grease!

Comment

do you have pods? or perhaps a leak in the airbox? you can do water injection, but without proper jetting and a controled flow of water, it doesn't work. rain can often soak your filter or otherwise get in your carbs and make it run horribly.

poor some water on your bike from various places, and see if there's a place where water runs directly onto the airbox/pods.

Comment

Originally posted by luc8421
        do you have pods? or perhaps a leak in the airbox? you can do water injection, but without proper jetting and a controled flow of water, it doesn't work. rain can often soak your filter or otherwise get in your carbs and make it run horribly.

poor some water on your bike from various places, and see if there's a place where water runs directly onto the airbox/pods.
        No pods, just stock airbox. I'm pretty sure that it's an electrical issue, so I'll give the dialectric grease a shot. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X