1983 Suzuki gs750 rear shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 Suzuki gs750 rear shock

My Suzuki rear shock has an air canaster. Can any one tell me what the air pressure should be.

Are you sure, Frank? The OE rear monoshock for this bike does not have a separate gas reservoir. You might have an aftermarket shock. Can you see an identifying name on the shock, or describe what you think is the "air canister"?

BB

Comment

Re: 1983 Suzuki gs750 rear shock

Originally posted by Frank
      My Suzuki rear shock has an air canaster. Can any one tell me what the air pressure should be.
      If it does contain a cannister it is not for air, but rather nitrogen and is not a do it yourself item without the proper gauges and gas(nitrogen).

Comment

I did not find anything written on the cannister. What exactly does it do for the rear shock? Are there any adjustments? Do I have to go to the dealer for service?

Comment

Are you positive it's an air canister? My '83 has a canister looking thingy around it's adjusting knob. However, this isn't for air.

Comment

Until Frank gives a better description of this "air canister" we cannot help him. Dan is right that if a shock has a remote reservoir, it is for nitrogen. However, the '83 OE rear shock had no remote reservoir at all. The OE shock did have 2 cables coming from it, leading to the left side of the bike under the edge of the seat. These were remote adjustors for spring preload (a large, black, knurled knob) and rebound damping ( a smaller knob). I suppose that Frank might have an aftermarket shock.........what we really need to see is a photo.

BB

Comment

Working...
            X