79 gs1000e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 gs1000e

Hello everyone, I am going to replace my fork oil, can someone tell me what type of fluid to use and also how much, these are air assisted forks. Thanks

241cc of fork oil aprox 10-11 lbs air

Comment

15W fork oil is a good viscosity, I use 20W30 in my 1100 for firmer damping.

Comment

ALL good info.

Lynn, if you don't mind me asking. How much do you weigh and do you tend to work the front brake? (just working on fork air presure)

Robin, does the 20w30 slow the fork down alot (rebound)?
        On chattery (rough) roads does the fork tend to "pack down"?

Rico

Comment

I've got a '79 GS1000E also. I use 15wt. I also have Progressive springs with a 1/2" PVC pre-load spacer. I also run about 10 PSI. I weigh about 195. Works good for me.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

HUGE TIP!!!!!! Go buy the adapter fitment for the forks, this way when you put the right amout of lbs in the forks, it will be correct in both forks and not offset.
            Dennis kirk sells them, I bought mine for $22 (I think) but it was close to that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rico
              ALL good info.

Lynn, if you don't mind me asking. How much do you weigh and do you tend to work the front brake? (just working on fork air presure)

Robin, does the 20w30 slow the fork down alot (rebound)?
              On chattery (rough) roads does the fork tend to "pack down"?

Rico
              Rico the overall ride is firmer, both compression and rebound, I don't have problems on rough roads.

Comment

Working...
              X