Pingel valve for 78 GS1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pingel valve for 78 GS1000

I have seen and read where some guys are using these for replacement valves. I can't find one listed for the 1978 GS1000. Even Pingel's site starts at 1979. Which one would work for me, preferably with a reserve. Thanks for any help.

This is a great site and I just found it last week. It's funny it never showed up while searching the net for GS info and web sites for the last few months.

The 79 listing should work fine, Just a note- You may need to enlarge the hole in the tank for the valve to fit, It also may need to have the reserve tube cut down so that you don't go on reserve with 1/2 tank of gas

Comment

Thanks, I guess I should call them and get everything I need rather than guessing and ordering off the net.

Comment

Re: Pingel valve for 78 GS1000

Originally posted by Rock
        I have seen and read where some guys are using these for replacement valves. I can't find one listed for the 1978 GS1000. Even Pingel's site starts at 1979. Which one would work for me, preferably with a reserve. Thanks for any help.

This is a great site and I just found it last week. It's funny it never showed up while searching the net for GS info and web sites for the last few months.
        The Pingel listed for '79 will also work with your '78.
        You will have to ream out the petcock hole for the Pingel valve. Roughly 1/8" material on each side. Easy to do with the right size file. You shouldn't need to trim the tower at all. Mine still works like the original, about 1 gallon of fuel remains when you hit reserve.
        You also need to order an adapter plate to thread the new valve into. My Pingel was about $90 w/adapter/shipped. I got the chrome, round body style. On/off/reserve. They come in chrome or polished aluminum, and different shaped bodies. Be sure you have room for the valve if you have the stock air box. I think you will, but thought I should mention it.
        Check out my website to see a close up of the valve if interested. If you're interested, I'll look up my receipt for the valve part # and adapter part #. Just click the WWW symbol below and check my photo section.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
        X