Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retuning Carbs? - $66 4 Carb Rebuild (With Correct Jets)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retuning Carbs? - $66 4 Carb Rebuild (With Correct Jets)

Rebuilding and rejetting my carbs and after a little research, I think I found the cheapest way to do it. Just passing some info on to you other Guys. The problem I found was the rebuild kit was $20-25 with the wrong jets, and the jets were $6 apiece. Here's some cheap parts.

$12 Rebuild Kit (no jets).
    $9 per 4 main jets (you specify size)
    $9 per 4 pilot jets (you specify size).

If you're just experimenting with jet sizes it's only $9 a pop instead of $25.

hey, nice stuff, thanks for the tip

Comment

Sweet !

This'll save me a few bucks !

TYVM !
      -D Payne

Comment

Be absolutely certain that the rebuild kit jets are sized the same as your existing jets.
        For example: Mikuni sizes their jets by the cc's of fuel that will pass through in one minute. 130 cc's=130 main. A Dynojet main is sized by the actual size of the hole. Example: 1.30mm=130 main.
        So a 130 Mikuni jet isn't the same as a 130 DJ. A 130 Mikuni jet is about the same size as a 138 DJ jet. Charts are available on the web.
        Ask the maker about their sizing method. If they don't know, I suggest only buying the same brand of jet as you have.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Those are OEM jets so the should be fine

Comment

Ya, those are OEM.

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
            Those are OEM jets so the should be fine

Comment

anyone know anywhere that cheap in the UK? Cheapest I've found is 12 POUNDS per set of four (mains) (I reckon thats about 20 dollars). ??

Comment

Working...
              X