air box outlet boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air box outlet boots

I have a 1981 gs450L great condition...sat for about a decade...i put some cleaner through the engine to help both cylinders work...but one side would cut in and out...when the engine was hot it seemed to run great...i took the carb. off and cleaned the jets and replaced the carb...my problem is getting the airbox attached to the carb...those inner boots to the airbox are a pain...my question is does the carb. need to have an airtight seal to the airbox? could a guy use something else instead of those boots? they are impossible to get back inside the airbox with that lip inside...PLEASE HELP... Thanks

Yes, it needs to be sealed...otherwise you run the risk of
    sucking c**p into your clean carbs. Do a "search" on this subject,
    there is a few tricks mentioned on how to do this.

Comment

I used to install the boots without the metal inner clip/plate/ whatever and then put it in afterwards from the inside.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Me too Jethro.

Bigpoppakdog, if your talking about the boot has kinda come out of the airbox and you cant get it to fit in there perfectly, I took a hair dryer to the boot and airbox, it warmed them up and made the both very plyable, then it went in no problem.

Comment

thanks

I will try a heat gun....thanks for the info....

Comment

Working...
          X