fuel gauge broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel gauge broken

so i took apart my bikes to check my carbs(which i cudnt cuz screws are stripped) but it turned out to be just a lose wire but now the gas guage doesnt work which is bad cuz my trip meter doesnt work either

Re: fuel gauge broken

Originally posted by ice109
    so i took apart my bikes to check my carbs(which i cudnt cuz screws are stripped) but it turned out to be just a lose wire but now the gas guage doesnt work which is bad cuz my trip meter doesnt work either
    What turned out to be a lose wire??

Comment

positive terminal on the battery

Comment

positive terminal on the battery
        Does that mean your gas gague is working now?

Comment

no its not working as of after the bike working

Comment

no its not working as of after the bike working
            when you move a gas tank, there are 2 wires from the gas gague that are hooked to the tank sender-they probably were pulled off when you lifted the rear of the tank and need to be re connected

Comment

woops thanks

Comment

make sure you have the rubber things in place.

You should have rubber bumper type things that go between the tank and frame. Also under the tank bolts. I had a problem getting the guage to work once, and I think it may have been shorting out on the frame. After I put the rubber things back on and bolted it down it worked fine.

For all the nay sayers..... My creem job is still holding up fine by the way.

Comment

Working...
                X