Tach Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tach Cable

I have a 1980 GS450E I try removing the Tach Cable from the engine but no success, I can only get to loosen up a little bit the cable from the engine, but it gets hard again. I try both ways right and left but nothing happens. Thanks in advance to anyone with info.

Ps: What else can be said about JT Motorsports. Very unreliable people, I order a float for my carb, took 3 weeks to arrive and when I finaly got it, it was crushed on one side, mail it back to them over a week ago. Still waiting for them to deliver. I will never buy again from them.

The tach cable gear housing is held in by a plate that has a single screw holding it tight to the cam cover. Make sure that screw is tight, or the gear housing might just spin with the cable collar.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I unscrewed the housing from the head & took the whole thing off .Then it was MUCH easier taking the tach cable off
      I also learned that from people here 8) 8)

Vinny

Comment

Would this make the tach jumpy?

I have replaced the O-ring where the tach. cable comes into teh cam cover and it STILL LEAKS!!! What is the procedure or tourque setings for the bolt? My tach reads OK and DOES NOT FLOAT but is rapidly jumps up and down 200 rpm while running anything over 2,000 rpm???

Comment

I've got the same problem shortlid. At rpms above 3000 the tack pointer is burying itself in the far reaches of the other side of the tach.

Comment

Working...
          X