• Show
Clear All

Will It Fit?

Here I am with no time to ask a dealer. Ebay exhaust for 750L
    Will it fit an 1100GK?

belliott@madriver.com

Re: Will It Fit?

Bill
    I took a look at the ebay pic and the exhaust is for an 1981 GS750L. I have an 81 GS750E...same exhaust. I have an 1982
    1100E. I checked measurements between them and it appears the 750L header pipes have the same spacing between cylinders, same overall width and same diameter, but they lack the length of the header downtube needed by about 1 inch. Also, the muffler mounts dont even come close to matching up between my two bikes. Unfortunately, I dont know how this relates to an 1100GK model. My best guess is you could probably make it work, but should assume you will have to do some "adjusting". If I could get it for not much money, I would be willing to take a chance as there is always someone on the forums looking for a 750 exhaust system, so all is not lost if you are unable to use it.

Earl

Originally posted by belliott
    Here I am with no time to ask a dealer. Ebay exhaust for 750L
    Will it fit an 1100GK?

belliott@madriver.com
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks! No mods for me. Shipping will kill me if it won't work well, so I guess I'll pass on these. Any 750's out there in need of an exhaust?

Comment

Wow, that looks to be in great shape. Bettcha I could make it fit my 850. I noticed that it doesn't have a collector/cross-over/balancer like my 1980 exhaust. Did Suzuki get away from that after 1980?

Comment

I hate to call the local dealer and ask questions. Why? Because there answer for crossover parts is always "The computer says...." Dennis Kirk has the information for a lot of questions if you want to spend a little time looking through their catalog. Bill, I have the catalog at work, I'll look it up for you tomorrow. Bob

Comment

Working...
          X