How do you raise the needle??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you raise the needle??

Hi, I am working on my 82' gs850l, the needle is running real lean. How do I richen the needle? I have always thought you put washers under the needle, but after viewing the c.v. slide, this idea dosnt make any sence because the needle is held from going up by the plastic peice and the c-clip, and help up by the spring.... So exactly how do you richen the needle? thanks!-darren

Edit- I'm used to just an adjustment of an eclip but there is only one slot for the clip, I have found this is normal for stock needles.

Anyone?-darren

Comment

You don't.

for tuning CV carbs. Start with the main jets and work your way down.

To adjust the needles... you'll need to get a bunch of washers to replace the plastic spacer and adjust the number of washers. Or you can get canadian needles.

Or a dynojet kit.
      You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
      If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
      1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
      1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
      1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
      1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
      1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

If you take one of your needles to a Radio Shack, they have these tiny little stainless steel washers that are for circuit board connections. They are super thin and will fit perfect.

My buddy Pillage learned this off the CB forums and jetted his Bandit that way.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
        X