Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great article, GS550 engine rebuild with pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great article, GS550 engine rebuild with pictures.

I hope you will find it useful and/or interesting.

Did you write this article? It is great but the guy who's been pulling apart the engines sure sounds like a butcher.

I hope that he learns to be a little more patient while pulling apart mated surfaces. I am only mentioning this because I want him to be able to afford completing more repairs to bikes in order to write more articles.

Steve

Comment

No I didn't write the article, it was done by Dr. Rod, owner of his own bikeshop and this website. Great reading though.

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
        Did you write this article? It is great but the guy who's been pulling apart the engines sure sounds like a butcher.

I hope that he learns to be a little more patient while pulling apart mated surfaces. I am only mentioning this because I want him to be able to afford completing more repairs to bikes in order to write more articles.

Steve
        Why do you think he sounds like a butcher?
        You've obviously never come across an engine as badly corroded together as this one. Here in the UK where we (some of us) ride all year round and salt is used to de-ice the roads this type of corrosion is not unusual.
        I've read a fair bit of Rod's stuff in various magazines and don't agree with some of what he says and does, but I've also stripped down 20 year old badly corroded engines like this and no amount of patience will help in some cases.
        In normal circumstances, this kind of technique isn't necessary ( and a good handful of patience will do the trick) to separate mated surfaces. But I've been there when hacksaws and welding torches are necessary. If you haven't, be grateful!

Comment

Working...
        X