Exhaust fitment guide for 700E ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust fitment guide for 700E ?

So I have a 1985 GS 700E. It has the stock exhaust, which looks and works fine, but I would really like the flashier more attractive 4 into 1 look and sound. I have been dissapointed to find that nobody really makes an aftermarket pipe exactly for this application. I am aware that Vance and Hines makes a nice 4 into 1 megaphone for the 82 GS 750 E that will fit, but i was thinking I might like to try a more modern style canister muffler on a nice header. Does anyone know what other applications will fit this particular bike? Will suzuki bandit stuff fit the 700 or is it only interchangeable on the 1100s. What about some of the older aircooled GSXR stuff? I think it would be pretty cool if I could find a nice header that would work on my bike so that I might be able to fit a holeshot or hindle canister to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm running a Yosh stainless Duplex with a carbon RS3 canister on my 700. It was intended for use on a '92 GSXR750 if I remember right. The exhaust port diameter, bolt spacing, and tube spacing works with the '83 and up 700/750ED and EF models. It's tight under the oil pan and I can't vouch how it will work with stock pegs since I'm using rearsets. I was able to place my pegs to work with the pipe. A Bandit based exhaust might be the way to go and have a chance of it clearing stock pegs. You should be able to find a nice exhaust.

Comment

So if I was handy making brackets....I should be able to get a header for a 1992 GSXR 750 and put any canister on it that will fit them right? Will years previous to that work as well?

Is there a site that gives exhaust port dimensions? I'd like to see what the bandit measurements are and see if they are the same as mine?

Billy, what kind of rear sets do you have? That would be cool too!

Comment

The exhaust port diameter on all GSXR air cooled models will be the same as your GS. The Bandit will almost certainly share the same dimensions since it's engine is derived from the GSXR. I'm just running rearsets off of a GSXR. I think they are from the '93-'95 models Gixxers. The shift pattern is upside down now so 1st is all the way up then you click down to reach the higher gears. This was a necessity since there isn't room to flip the linkage for the shifter over.

Comment

Sweet......thanks for the heads up on the rear sets. I appreciate your help!

Comment

Working...
          X