Help I've killed it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help I've killed it

In trying to fix my 1978 GS550E - I've serviced the carbs and need to know the screw settings. I have throttle slide carbs mikuni VM22S. The air screw (outside top of the carbs) I have set to 2 turns out as it says in the Haynes manual. But there is another screw/jet on the underside of the carb on the inlet side, which I think is a pilot but I can find no reference for this. Can someone tell me a start setting that I can use to work from.

The electrics are also a mess and I'm going to be fitting a superdream R/R. Anyone recommend a good / cheap electronic ignition simple to fit.

I bought the bike expecting to give it a few tweaks to sort it out but now it looks like a full fuel system and ignition system overhaul.

Quite a while ago there was a thread on here but I haven't found it. Scotty, what's the answer? Bob

Comment

This is copied from a string called "Some Advice" Author = JoCo Which was posted in this section not to long ago.
      The following is credited to Hoyterb.

"Fuel screws-bottom of carb-3/4 to 1 1/2 out to richen in to lean
      Air screws-side of carb-2 to 3 1/2 out to lean in to richen
      set fuel screws first at 1 turn out
      set air screws and adjust for best idle
      turn fuel screws out additional 1/8 turn
      should be slightly rich"

This should help.
      Good luck
      Roman

Comment

many thanks Guys - I'll try that - it looks like this is going to be my winter project.

cheers
        dave

Comment

Working...
        X