PLEASE READ THIS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear, but glad he's ok.

Bartow? Man, you guys were heading the wrong way. I've met Earl and Ron - usually in Sebring. I got thru Bartow most of the time. Except where 60 was under construction.

Head up to route 52, then head towards 581 and go north on 581. Quite a ways up 581 is a road called Palmer. Hang a right, then head left on Griffin. Tighten your chin straps. Then go right on 98 about a block or 2, then make a right on Cedar Lane. This goes back to Palmer. THen explore some more awesome roads.

Or, let me know and I'll meet ya. It's going to take quite an effort to get me back south of I4. But I will, good friends make up for lousy roads. 8)

Theres another road called Rock Ridge that heads East of of 98, just south of Zephryhills. Where Dean Still heads right, bear that left. It's fun also, however the pavement isn't the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by DMPLATT

Theres another road called Rock Ridge that heads East of of 98, just south of Zephryhills. Where Dean Still heads right, bear that left. It's fun also, however the pavement isn't the greatest.
      We were going to Bartow for bike night at Beefs. I actually live in Lakeland, only 10 minutes from Rockridge road actually. I have been down Dean Still a couple of times and yeah the pavement does suck. There is another great road in the area too, Old Dade City, its about 1/4 mile north of of the Polk county line on 98. If you are coming from Zephryhills it will be on your right. Great road with some twisties and a couple of long straightaways. If you are gonna be in the area sometime maybe we can meet up???

Comment

Originally posted by my98xplorer
        Originally posted by DMPLATT

We were going to Bartow for bike night at Beefs. I actually live in Lakeland, only 10 minutes from Rockridge road actually. I have been down Dean Still a couple of times and yeah the pavement does suck. There is another great road in the area too, Old Dade City, its about 1/4 mile north of of the Polk county line on 98. If you are coming from Zephryhills it will be on your right. Great road with some twisties and a couple of long straightaways. If you are gonna be in the area sometime maybe we can meet up???
        The time I went to Rockridge road and Green Pond, I went down Old Dade City road. What a blast. However, I looked down on 1 stretch and was near Triple digits. 8O Wasn't comfortable as there were a couple houses. However, the twisties were a blast.

After this Rally, we can. I am trying to meet the southern Florida guys once a month. Then I'm making a solid effort to get up and see Scotty too. Then there is this bunch I met that ride every Sunday up by Dade City. Not sure if you've been up there, but man - I'm talking great twisties PLUS Elevation Changes. 8) Doesn't seem like Florida. I've also heard there are more killer roads up by Brooksville. Some day.

Comment

I need to get some better safety gear but am hoping to do it for less than I spent on the bike. I've seen that you can buy armor pieces seperately from a jacket (back, elbow, shoulder pads). What is the difference in price and quality between these and the armor you get in an actual riding jacket? Could I just buy the pieces and sew or stick them into a wind jacket that I already have? I know this isn't the sort of thing to be a cheapskate about but all that safety gear wont be any good if I have to fast in order to afford it. I'm new to the forum and to riding so don't feel bad about putting me straight about this stuff, I really respect and appreciate all the experience on this forum.
          Thanks

Comment

Never ride on wet streets if you can avoid it. This advice will do far more than any protective gear. The only time I've ever been down was when I was forced to ride in the rain. Emergency braking a motorcycle on wet pavement is a joke - and no MSF class can change that.

If you have no choice, please ride with all the armor you can find.

Ace.

Comment

Working...
            X