No announcement yet.

Trying to increase displacment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newer bikes you are talking about have 4 valves per cyl, lighter smaller valves that don't require excessive spring pressures to keep them closed It doesn't matter if it is single or dual overhead cam

Comment

Originally posted by gzone
      thanks that was my biggest question was if the difference was in the stroke or bore size.
      Another concern will be cylinder spacing...I am not sure if the GS850 engine is closer to the GS750 or to the GS1000.

Hap

Comment

specs

How 'bout bigger jugs for a 450??

Where could one obtain all these specs, online maybe? Hate to buy a manual for every model!! Maybe there should be a page on this site listing said specs for all the GS engine sizes??

Comment

Re: specs

Originally posted by Frank B
          How 'bout bigger jugs for a 450??

Where could one obtain all these specs, online maybe? Hate to buy a manual for every model!! Maybe there should be a page on this site listing said specs for all the GS engine sizes??
          I dont think the rod spacing would allow you to make the bike much larger. It is hard enough to get a 750 and an 1100 to have a larger displacement. Look at the percentages. an 1100with a 1166 kit only goes 91cc over stock. I believe that is 8 %
          Take the 450 out by 8% and you get 486cc--if there is enough meat in the jugs to do it--of cours if funds are un limited and you own a machine shop then the sky is the limit.

Comment

Working...
          X