No announcement yet.

V/V seat cutters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Addy, I was going to do the job myself back after looking into the costs have found that it is cheaper to get someone with the tools to do it for you. I have found a bloke in Perth that will cut the seats and shim the valve clearances for around $300. This is a very good price as another workshop quoted me around $400.

The price of buying the cutters to only do one head is'nt worth it.

Comment

Hi Shify, I also want do the valve job by my self and looking for tools.
      I see there are some different set of angle cutters for valve seat recondition available, like 45/30 degree, 46/31degree. (In gs1100 manual ? 45 for seat, 30 ? seat lower, 70-seat upper)
      Dose anyone know what kind of degree should we use? I only know different angle would have different purpose and performance.

Comment

Addy, to do the job properly you need all 3 cutters. I posted the procedure for seat reconditioning for my gs1000 straight from the Suzuki service manual. It was a few posts before this one. This should give you some idea on what you will need to do.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Addy, to do the job properly you need all 3 cutters. I posted the procedure for seat reconditioning for my gs1000 straight from the Suzuki service manual. It was a few posts before this one. This should give you some idea on what you will need to do.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Shifty, I found the following about valve seat recondition. hope it would help.
            Would also port and polish the in&ex ports?
            I will try to polish only after valve seat recondition.

How To Cut and Grind Your Motorcycle Valve Seats.

Comment

Working...
            X