gas tank size on 80 gs850gl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas tank size on 80 gs850gl

Could someone tell me the gas tank size (in gallons) is a stock tank on a gs850gl, please. thanks

Well, if it's similar to the 82 850GL, I show in the manual that the tank holds 4.5 US gallons and the reserve is 4.76 US quarts.
    1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
    2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
    2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

Taken from http://www.suzukicycles.org/

Suzuki didn't really have anything for the avid touring rider until the introduction of the GS850G. At its heart was a bored out GS750 motor, altered to incorporate shaft drive. The engine was placed in a modified GS1000 frame. Suspension from the GS1000 was softened up for a plush ride (the GS1000 had gas suspension at the front, the GS850 had hydraulic suspension), and tubeless tires were used for the first time by Suzuki. A large 22 liter (5.8 US gallon) tank was fitted for maximum range. The GS850 actually weighed more than the GS1000E, by 29 lbs. The price in 1979 was $2995... a very good price even in those days. Later, Suzuki produced a couple of variations on the theme. Most popular was thecustom styled 'GL' model, which was restyled in a more 'laid back' fashion. All in all, the GS850G has proved to be a long running and bullet proof tourer. Wet weight in 1983 was 604 lbs.

Comment

The 1980 GS 850 GL had a much smaller tank tahn the G model. I have never been able to put much more than 2.5 gallons in an almost empty tank. I think it is a 3.2 gallon tank. It is most definately not a 5 gallon as the G has

Comment

I have personally found the information in the manuals a little confusing. On the side covers of my bike, it reads "GS850L." According to my Haynes manual, my VIN places my bike as a GT. But then Haynes' description of the GLT ("semi-Chopper" look) seems to apply to my bike as well. Also, I have been using the wiring diagram the Haynes lists for the GLT/GLZ, and find that it seems to match what I'm physically finding on my bike.

With that, chapter 2 in Haynes lists the GLT as having 3.4 gallons, and since my tank looks on the smaller side, I go with that. Plus the few times I've had to put fuel in it (for starting and troubleshooting--no riding yet), I'm sure I've never gotten close to putting 4 gallons or more in.

Hope that helps.

Comment

The tank is 13l , 3.2 Gallons ( i believe thats the conversion)

yeah, it sucks to have a small tank :*(

Comment

Working...
            X