Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know a good source for a petcock diaphragm valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know a good source for a petcock diaphragm valve?

The diaphragm valve for an '80 GS 450 seems to be a rare bird. Other years, other bikes, yes, but not mine. Pingel valve looks cool, but that would blow my parts budget for the year. Anybody know a good source? Help?

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      http://crc2onlinecatalog.com/Index_Main_Frame.htm
      I ordered one from them over nearly 3 weeks ago on the phone. A week later they tell me it is on back order, not at the time of order like their web site they do. Last Thusday I was told it was "Probably" on the UPS truck to be delivered to them that afternoon. Called Friday and got the same story. Today I call and it was " All the shipments came late last week and were sent out Saturday". It should be in your mailbox today. Well no it wasn't either. He didn't even take the time to check the records to see if my order was indeed shipped or even recieved by them when I called today. Not happy about the run around with them or the fact that they didn't tell me it was on back order when I placed the order as I specifically said I was checking on stock when I placed the order. If they didn't have it I would have gone elsewhere so I wouldn't have had to wait this long, no problem. Heck I still don't know if they even got it yet. Doesn't seem like to hard a task to actually find out where my items are instead of guessing. I should have ordered it from the Suzuki dealer here as they can get factory parts for me in as little as three days and have on several occasions.

If it doesn't come tomarrow the order is cancelled. I think I'm going to get the Pingel myself. I was thinking about it anyhow. Then I won't have to go through this nonsense when the stock petcock takes a dump again.

Sorry, I'm not trying to derail your thread, but just make you aware of what experiance I having with the vendor someone is recommending to you. Your results may vary.

Comment

Try ebay,
        georgefix, sells petcocks and rebuild kits on there. I've bought from him. would buy again from him! Good luck.
        marty

Comment

Comment

Thanks, guys! I'll check it out, and take your cautionary tales in mind. I've already checked a couple of these, and they have everything BUT my L-model. But thanks for the new leads!

Comment

Aaargh. Everybody has kits for '82-83 GS 450 L. Nobody has stuff for an '80 GS 450 L! Any suggestions? Surely someone out there has dealt with this problem. Can a different year or model be modified?

Help!

Comment

Did you try here?

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Comment

Working...
                X