Brake Master Cylinder 1978 GS 750c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Master Cylinder 1978 GS 750c

Does anyone out there know if there is a difference between the master cylinder for dual disc's or single disc? I have used my old master cylinder from my single disc, and added a second disc and now have the problem that feels like there is air in the lines. I have not ruled out the possibility of air in the lines as I know it takes a long time to bleed motorcycle brakes.
    Thanx, Weirdo

I replaced the single disc , with dual disc on my "78" GS 1000. It seemed to take less lever pressure for the same stoping power. Also quit pulling to one side while stoping. Noticed no spongy, or air in system, feeling.

Comment

bike brakes are tuff to bleed. i have found the easiest way to do it to make sure that there is no air in the system is open the bleeder and place a hose on top of the nipple. push the brake fluid up thru the line into the reservoir. then when the reservoir is full shut the bleeder.

Comment

A master cylinder designed to work a single disc in NEVER going to move enough fluid to operate twin discs correctly, go back to where you got the disc and caliper from and get the corrct master cylinder before you do yourself some damage.

Dink

Comment

Working...
        X