79 GS750 front master cylinder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 GS750 front master cylinder question

Hi all! newbie here in need of some help! I scarred up the master cyl I have on my bike trying to get the piston unseized to rebuild. I dont think I can use it anymore, and I've been lookin on ebay for one and got "sniped" on a good one sunday night. I was wondering if anybody had some ideas like maybe one off a different make, and which ones will work with my brake light swith setup. I have some SS lines on the way from paragon performance also. This bike has been a project for the last two years and Im oh so close! She runs like the dickens, just cant stop her.

Wouldn't anything made to fit bars of the same OD work?

This is an interesting question because I'd like to replace my whole front brake lever & cylinder - the thing rattles like all hell (though that does serve to remind me to cover the brakes).

Comment

Most any master cyl will work. The 10mm banjo bolt seems to be the universal size The thing to look at is weather it is for a single or dual disk setup & the angle of the master cyl resivoir

Comment

The "L" models can't be used usually because the cylinder is tilted 45 degrees, the other sprot bike models should work as long as they are dual disk or single disk version ( depending on what you have now) the stroke volume is different and must match.

You could always buy a new one. Not cheap but brakes are important, ya know?
        1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
        1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
          Most any master cyl will work. The 10mm banjo bolt seems to be the universal size The thing to look at is weather it is for a single or dual disk setup & the angle of the master cyl resivoir
          Yeah, the one I've got on my 750 (single disc) is from a T500! Has worked for years!
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
          X