Seat Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Cover

I checked all posts related to seat re-covering and finally had the Ba..s to get a Travelcade cover and do it. Must admit, it was easier then I thought and all posts with regards to the application process were right on. I was worried about nothing, my pan had the pionts that you fold over and that made it very easy with no ripples.

Thought I would share this for those who are on the fence about tryiing it....go for it....you will like the results.

1980 GS 750E

Scud

Anyone use these guys yet?

They seem to have a pattern for EVERYTHING, even bikes that Sargent and Travelcade don't. And since they make them when you order, you can get different colors/styles of vinyl.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

So, where did you find the posts? I havea Travelcade cover to put on. I was concerned because there was no wire in the rim that goes over the points like on the stock seat and am concerned about it tearing through.

Comment

I just did a general search and put in 'seat and cover', there were several hits, I looked at all of them. I picked up little hints here and there to help attach it.

My original seat cover did not have wire running through it, I just stretched and poked the cover through the points then flattened them first in the back then front then each side doing about two or three on each side to help keep it even, the material seems really tough. After I attached it that way I pulled on the draw string and tied a knot in the end. There was quite a bit of string left over so I cut the draw string, melted and flattened the ends so they would not come untied.

One note, I streteched my cover so the I poked it through the double layer of fabric, this made the draw string under the points, so, before you push the tabs all the way down you draw the string tight.

My bike is a 1980 GS 750E , the seat is fairly flat so maybe that mede it easier to apply, oh yea, I also sprayed that Super 77 3M stuff before I put the cover on ( I sprayed it on the seat foam), this also helped to keep it centered while applying the cover.

Good Luck

Scud

Comment

Originally posted by alan
          So, where did you find the posts? I havea Travelcade cover to put on. I was concerned because there was no wire in the rim that goes over the points like on the stock seat and am concerned about it tearing through.
          Here is how Jethro recovered his seat, it looks great 8)

Comment

Working...
          X