Clutch recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch recommendations

I searched through the forums and never could find a recommendation for types of clutches, so here goes...what can anyone recommend me a good quality 'clutch kit' for my GK? and if so, anything I need to watch out for? I am only wanting stock-type items, and new stock-type springs, and, of course, don't want to go through the 'Suzi' dealer and give up my 401K for the items, either. I did notice articles about 10 discs, and 9 discs, and why they are like that, but can they be interchanged? incase I get something like that. Any help is, as always, greatly appreciated...

I had an aftermarket Barnett clutch and heavy duty springs in my 1100E along time ago and didn't really care for it much (stiff lever pull, dragging clutch, missed shifts etc.) So I went back to a stock unit... Ahhh much better. I haven't checked prices lately , but I believe the stock clutch was actually cheaper than a stock one

Comment

I've been satisfied with EBC clutch plates. Chaparral has them for the GK, they run about $76.00.
      Axel

Comment

I HAVE A SET OF NEW CLUTCH PLATES--9 FIBERS THAT I PUT IN MY BIKE BY MISTAKE--MAYBE 50 MILES ON THEM i ALSO HAVE NEW STEEL PLATE WITH IT-$50 PLUS SHIPPING FOR ALL

Comment

i went to chaparrel, and cannot even find clutch parts, used their search feature, and showed 0 results for GS1100GK Clutch. Any help?

Comment

I did find a couple places that sell cluctches for the GS, but only the friction plates, are the steel plates normally reusable? If so, does anything need to be done to mine (other than checking for out of round, etc) so ensure all works well?

Comment

I bought my fiber plates from JC Whitney. They now have over 2000 miles on them. I ordered the metal plates, piano wire clip, side cover gasket, and stock springs from a motorcycle dealership. I believe it was Bob Tracey's World of Motorcycles, somewhere in PA. I got the phone number from the back of CycleWorld. Even with shipping, it was cheaper than going to the shop.

The fiber plates from JC Whitney are made by Alto Products Corp. They have been at this stuff for quite a while. Their web site is www.altousa.com.

Comment

Well, thats the first place I looked, but they only go to the GS850. I saw some at dennis kirk, and thy wanted $47.00 for them, but just the fibers.

Comment

Working...
                X