help.. just sputter and died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help.. just sputter and died.

83 GS650GD bought it out of crate, 14K on her, ran pretty all summer, coming home tonight and sputter, sputter, OK I put her in reserve, OK then sputter sputter, BAM, like M80 in the exhaust pipe. i backed off the throttle and into neutral,, all died, greared into 4th and run run sputter BAM, down to 3 and BAM BAM, to 4th and ran ran sputter BAM... get the picture, got 3-4 miles off the highway and BAM, had to call for a ride. I AM CLUELESS WHERE TO START. fuel... would not have exploded like that of no-wheres, maybe, elects would have died and back to fuel, out of no-where........
    out of nowhere, please help, she's never been sick before..
    oooooooooohhhhhhhhh SSSSUUUZZZIIII
    Thanks
    Stimpy

The key didn't get turned off?? I would check the ignition circuits first . Pull the plugs and see if you are getting spark. If NO spark Check the run switch, ign module and igniter?? and related wiring.

Comment

Yep, I'd guess bad electrical connection too. Pull your plugs and check for spark first. Then work from there. The muffler explosion is from unburned fuel in your exhaust that gets ignited from a spark when it starts firing again. Used to have a Ford that would seperate the seams in the muffler and provide quite a show at night if you switched the key off and choked it then key on again! Bob

Comment

Thanks, gotta pick her up in a few,
        I noticed a couple days ago just after the rains and I start her up to go to work, then I thought I saw a puff of smoke come out of the headlamp wireing, went up to look and its gone or maybe from the pipes as wind blowing that way but didnt think so. I bet water got in from a bucket crack from a bucket bender last month.
        will keep checking.
        Bob

Comment

Working...
        X