Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy gasket sets? And which set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy gasket sets? And which set?

It looks like I'm soon going to be elbow deep in the GS.... so I need to know if $170 is about the best I'm going to do for a complete gasket set for an '83 GS750, which is the Old Bike Barn price and WHAT set or sets can I use?
    As of now it looks like OBB PN#18-0167 is my best bet but I'm starting to think that some other sets might work and might be cheaper elsewhere. Some sets up to 1989 might work? Maybe a GS700 set? AFAIK the difference is in piston dome there, not bore.

Thanks for the input, I'll be in the garage.
    /\/\ac

You may want to read the following thread before you order from them:

Comment

Originally posted by propflux01
      You may want to read the following thread before you order from them:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ic.php?t=13159
      Propflux,

Thanks, yeah I've seen that thread but I don't know where else to turn as of yet. I'm afraid to even ask if I can get the set from my local dealer. I imagine the cost would be quite a bit above the OBB price and I'm not real fond of my local shop anyway. They don't have much time for you if you arn't looking for a new bike.
      I stopped in last week to look at some helmets and when I cornered the sales guy to ask if they had any HJC Symaxes in stock he told me to "just look at the website". I just looked at him and then the door.

But yeah... OBB's rep here on the forum is why I'm searching high and low for alternatives.

/\/\ac

Comment

Have you tried Dennis Kirk? Bikebandit? Ron Ayers?

Comment

Originally posted by propflux01
          Have you tried Dennis Kirk? Bikebandit? Ron Ayers?
          Thanks for the suggestions Propflux. Ron Ayres doesn't seem to have gaskets and Dennis Kirk and Bike Bandit don't have a listing for my bikes. However >>>> www.partsnmore.com <<< has a listing for GS750 (84-86) which should, I hope, work for me. It's $91 which beats Old Bike Barn buy 1/3 of a good helmet.

Thanks for your help! I'm normally pretty good at finding parts and sources but I'm new enough to bikes to be a little unsure of what interchanges and what doesn't... live and learn, I hope I learn this is the right set!

/\/\ac

(Edited to correct URL)

Comment

I'd talk to the experts at Cycle Recycle II before ordering from anyone else.

CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse &#8230;

Your gaskets may or may not be on their web site, but they will be able to help if you call.

They don't ever seem to check their email, so don't waste your time. Just give 'em an old-fashioned ringy-dingy. And if the line's busy, keep trying -- it's well worth it.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
            X